Saturday, May 31, 2008

Morning is broken, blackbird is squawking

It is an absolutely gorgeous May morning! A delicious breeze accompanied by golden sun chases away the memories of those cold depressing winter days...of April. I decided to unplug my laptop from its power source and go native, make a fresh pot of Swedish dark roast, and enjoy the smell of the earth and the lovely flowers in my yard.

The ground is soaking wet, I just ruined my Bjorns, I spilled my goddamn coffee all over the lawn chair,and there are fucking mosquitoes everywhere! It's 8:24 a.m. and I am miserable! But I will stick it out and "enjoy" this beautiful morning or get West Nile trying. The lyric poetry has left my soul, however. Now it's a test of perseverance, woman against the wild.

2 comments:

Bluestem said...

Why do we live in the Midwest again? But you should visit my garden. I've been working hard on it.

Tish said...

I don't think it's the fault of the Midwest. It's my own klutziness that was responsible for the coffee spilling. Although you can righteously blame the mosquitoes on Midwestern residency.

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago