Thursday, May 22, 2008

Garter stitch is very soothing

There's nothing more soothing than knitting in the garter stitch...k, k, k, k, k, k, k, over and over. You watch the loops turn into stitches turn into rows, and you don't even have to look at your hands, all you have to do is feel the wool slipping in between your fingers. I'm k, k, k, k, k-ing with a lovely fuzzy pink yarn. It'll just keep growing until I run out of yarn. It'll turn into a scarf for someone. I don't need to keep it.

That reminds me...I need to get my hands on Sally Melville's book about the knit stitch. She has designed really interesting, gorgeous garments with garter stitch, nothing else. That's elegance and simplicity. My life should be the garter stitch. Instead, it's a pattern involving some sort of twisted stitch that keeps repeating itself...and then it gets all loopy...

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago