Wednesday, May 21, 2008

IM as I am

I just completed the IM Thing of Gail Borden Learns. (I almost typed "Leans" but I corrected myself.) I already use IM personally and enjoy it. Our virtual reference service through OCLC, Ask Away Illinois, is IM/chat-based, and I man that "desk" once a week. (It's nothing but 7th graders wanting you to cut-and-paste their homework for them! :-) )

We could certainly establish our own local IM reference service outside of Ask Away Illinois, for just our patrons. IM could also be used for more instantaneous communication in the building. It's easy and quick.

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago