Monday, October 13, 2008

Many moons

Ever wonder what all the full moons for each month are called? We all vaguely know about the Harvest Moon, and maybe some of you geniuses out there have heard of the Hunter's Moon, but there's more! The Farmer's Almanac has a nice list of full moon names, complete with a description, of each month's full moon. The names are poetic and evocative--I love the Pink Moon for April and the Strawberry Moon for June!

I couldn't resist coming up with a list relevant to my world, however:
January: Dead Battery Moon
February: Still Fucking Winter Moon
March: Green Beer Moon
April: Tax Moon
May: Garage Sale Moon
June: Construction Moon
July: Fucking Humidity Moon
August: Allergy Moon
September: Still Fucking Construction Moon
October: Cross-Dressing Moon
November: Two Evils Moon
December: Cold As Hell Moon

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago