Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm burning up



I would burn down my house if only Denis Leary would come rescue me! The word "hot" is definitely overused, but let's face it: firemen deserve the term! On Rescue Me, the scorching Denis Leary plays Tommy Gavin, an FDNY firefighter struggling to cope with the aftermath of 9-11. He and the rest of the guys at 62 Truck are doing the best they can to come to grips with the tragedy, which means they're suppressing their emotions and thoughts by drinking to excess, talking to ghosts, popping pills, brawling, destroying their families, and getting laid whenever they can. What, you thought they would be noble? As they often say on the show, fuck that!

Rescue Me
is one of the best shows on TV. The fifth season begins spring 2009. I watched the previous 4 seasons on DVD in a 2-week binge. To tide one over, there are 10 minisodes available on crackle.com. I'm going through complete withdrawal, having watched every episode available, and all extant video clips in the known universe.
God, that Denis Leary is entrancing...mmmmm....

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago