Sunday, July 13, 2008

Drink my Kool-Aid!

My friend Sara and I were talking about lame headlines we've seen on Yahoo profiles. Lines such as, "Part teddy bear, part social butterfly." That line is one of the examples given in the oh-so-helpful advice article "Punch Up Your Profile."(That's the article which encourages people to lie.) So if you're so non-creative that you have to appropriate a line from the Yahoo help pages, you're pretty much a sorry mutha.

So then out of the blue Sara says, "I just want someone who will drink my Kool-Aid."

I immediately seized upon that and exclaimed, "Oh my God! You have to use that for your own online profile! Drink my Kool-Aid! You want a man that when the chips are down and you're wondering if you have control over him, will drink your Kool-Aid!"

We howled with laughter over that one. But I still think that would make a great online dating profile headline: Drink my Kool-Aid!

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago