Monday, June 16, 2008

My new toy

Oooh, it's so pretty! My Garmin Nuvi 260 GPS! Now I can be sure that I am Officially Lost, because the GPS tells me so. I think it is amazing, and almost like Latin American magic realism, that the GPS knows exactly where I am now and where I am going. (Considering I don't know where I am and where I'm going, both literally and metaphorically speaking...) On the downside, it's more Soviet-style to have a satellite following you that knows exactly where you are and where you are going...

The GPS is very easy to use. The Garmin has a snotty voice telling you when to turn and intones the names of the streets. When you veer off the prescribed course, the Voice sighs (inaudibly, but you know she's sighing) and mutters, "Recalculating...recalculating..." The Voice doesn't suffer fools gladly, but suffer she must. It works with a touch screen and the menus are easy to use. The maps are colorful and bright and so pretty! Did I mention the Garmin Nuvi 260 is pretty? It really is! Pretty! Shiny! My new toy!

1 comment:

Bluestem said...

Geo-caching awaits you! (Can I come, too?)

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago