Tuesday, June 10, 2008

del.icio.us and filling

Aside from a spell of trouble trying to figure out where the dots go in "del.icio.us" (del.ic.ious.? de.lic.io.ous? Whatever...) I managed to post a bookmark to this site. If you want to gather up bookmarks on a specific topic and then also allow yourself the ability to search certain topics using tags, this is a cool little site.

But my main concern with a lot of Web 2.0 is, there's just too much out there. I'm kind of web anti-social, when it comes down to it. I don't want to know what other people are doing. I do my own thing, I communicate with friends that I know in the Real World, and that's that. I don't feel the need to reach out in cyberspace. It's very difficult for me to feign interest in web 2.0. Blogging is interesting, but I blog for myself and I don't expect anyone else to care, nor do I care about anyone else's blog. I'm not keen on sharing photographs on flickr--and how many photos of my cat do you really want to see? Seriously, you don't want me flickring.... ;-) Honestly, I am not going to be using del.icio.us very much. I'm not all that interested in what other people bookmark and how they describe their sites. I can do my own searches, thank you very much. For a library though, we can set up various subject areas and list helpful sites--that would be a perfectly fine way of making del.icio.us work for us.

How ironic that del.icio.us is hard to type...it's not really a convenient site to look up...you almost have to bookmark it into your Favorites the "old-fashioned way" first!

2 comments:

Bluestem said...

Well, you could at least link to it! ;-)

Actually, I just heard about it the other day for the first time.

Tish said...

I'd link to it if I could just type it correctly for once! :-)

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago