Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thinking side of the box





I've made these little boxes for several years now. You use both the front and the back of the card, and all you need are old Christmas cards (you can use any-occasion-at-all cards, not just Christmas,) a pencil, a ruler, and some glue if you want.
eHow spells out the directions better than I can:How To Make Little Boxes Out Of Greeting Cards.

I did photograph pretty much each step as I went along. Note that a lovely glass of wine is my companion. Nothing goes better with a craft than a good glass of wine--in this case, an insouciant South African Petit Chenin Blanc from the Village Vintner in Carpentersville, but I digress (and set up a possible blogpost for the future.) So follow along with a stack of old Christmas cards and the beverage of your choice! (You know, maybe I shouldn't say "stack" of cards; I hardly got any Christmas cards this year. One more thing to blame on the economic meltdown.)




2 comments:

Bluestem said...

Let's put these on the list of Things to Do on Saturday. That, and learn to love coconut. You'll be amazed!

Tish said...

Mmmmm...coconut...yeah, right!

One more thing: these little boxes make nice gift tags, and you can slip a little surprise in them! I'm always surprised by a little chocolate--like, why can't it be a bigger piece of chocolate? ;-)

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago