Thursday, January 8, 2009

Amish barn-raising next Tuesday!


As most of you know, I don't seem to be able to acquire a man for myself, at least not for a boyfriend or fiancee or Mr. Right or Darling Husband (DH as the bloggers like to say.) I have, however, acquired a plethora of male friends. Guys fall all over themselves and scramble around to become pals with me.

So you've all heard me say time and time again that I have so many male friends I could have an Amish barn-raising next Tuesday. My friend Erika found a plate in a thrift shop in upper NY state with a barn-raising scene on it and immediately thought of me! She mailed the plate 12/18 and it arrived today, 1/8. Go USPS. (Apparently they're not as fast as Lance Armstrong when he rode for the Postal Service team in the Tour de France, but I digress...)

Here is a shot of the plate and also a close-up, where you can see the little pioneers. I don't think they're actually Amish, but you get the idea. So if you're free next Tuesday, come over for a barn-raising, and bring extra nails--we're always running out. ;-)

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago