Saturday, January 3, 2009

Great in '08

I read 104 books in 2008. I counted the titles I jotted down in my reading log, which I've kept since 1996. Out of those 104 books, there were plenty of standouts. In no particular order, but featuring two dog books (unusual for a cat person like me!), here is my list of the best fiction books I read in 2008:
1. The Story Of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (dog book #1)
2. Fire In The Blood by Irene Nemirovsky
3. Unspoken by Mari Jungstedt
4. Ice Trap by Kitty Sewell
5. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
6. The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (a shoutout to my homeboy Dominicano who won a Pulitzer for this novel!)
7. Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
8. Child 44 by Tom Robb Smith
9. The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein (dog book #2)
10. The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Note: Links are to the Gail Borden Public Library catalog. Please check your library's catalog when you want to check these out. I'm sure amazon.com has these titles as well.

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago