Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just eat the #$%@ing strawberry already

If you ever want to waste time on a professional level, i.e. make sure you never, ever get those hours back in your life, spend some time trolling the message boards on the Weight Watchers site. You will meet such an array of obsessive-compulsives, whiners, overachievers, underachievers, self-righteous Pharisees, and the just plain boring.

The people who obsess endlessly about whether they're going to eat another strawberry and need the support of strangers in cyberspace to "talk them down" are my favorites. It's a strawberry--just eat the fucking strawberry! It's a lovely little bit of fruit, pure sunshine and sweetness encapsulated in a petite red, luscious flesh. But some people think a strawberry will put them over the edge. On the other hand, these are the same people who will eat an entire tub of fat free Cool Whip and not bat an eyelash. Never mind that the stuff is most closely related to jet fuel on a molecular level.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with sarcasm: please don't consult my blog for scientifically-accurate information. All I hope to do is amuse. No, that's not true--I really don't care if you're amused or not.

2 comments:

Billie said...

I can't stand when they have no idea what a message board is for. I don't care that you're signing off for the night and you don't have to create an entire new message for that...GET A BLOG. Just My 2 cents about the WW Boards.

Tish said...

Don't you just love the people who complain that they can't finish eating all of their points in a day? Oh please, who really has that problem! I don't believe them for one minute! You wouldn't be in Weight Watchers if you had a problem eating enough throughout the day! I think those people aren't reporting all the Snickers they binge on. Maybe they've only eaten 12 points that they can legally report, the rest is "underground." ;-)

My Blog List

  • Adam’s Friend’s Burrito Recipe - I wonder how many times I've made these burritos. 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbsp oil 2 Tbsp chili powder 6 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp cumin ...
    4 years ago
  • It's April, say what? - 1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well. 2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating...
    11 years ago